Tuesday, May 15, 2007

THE GAME: SEASON FINALE

WOW! Last night's season finale of The Game was D-R-A-M-A! And I loved every second of it.

I decided to organize my thoughts by character. Here goes:

Jason: Pure comedy. He definitely kept things light last night. And the icing on the cake was his Dave Chappelle-as-Rick James-wig he was forced to wear in retribution for calling out a fellow athlete about his own Jurassic Park 'do. If the CW really gives this show a chance to grow and progress, I'd love for Mara Brock Akil to explore Jason's post-football career as a commentator, because once he got over his initial stage fright, Jason was on point, asking the questions we'd all love the know the answers to, like how you can afford to put $20,000 spinning rims on your car and yet can't pay your child support? Inquiring minds...

Kelly: More comedy. And I'm so happy to see how she's moved from Jason's shadow and grown into a smart business woman. She and Tasha make a great team. Kelly had me rolling when she told Melanie: "Black women always complain about not finding a good black man. Now since you've got him, you need to lock him down before one of us [White women] get to him!" True that!

Tasha: She did the right thing by taking the lead to clue Melanie in to Derwin's wandering eyes...and hands...and lips...and well, you get the picture. And I see that she hasn't lost a step since she and Kenny broke up. Go 'head girl!

Malik: He is sooo superficial, and it's not like he's all that hot to begin with. Did you see his "man breasts" when he was laid up in the bed? Renee (guest star Kendra C. Johnson of Phat Girlz) is gorgeous and she could do a lot better than Malik and he acted real shady toward her. But, she got him good by keeping the camera rolling while he poured out his heart and confessed his true feelings. I definitely want to see more of this couple next season. Renee is a worthy adversary for Malik - she's not going to roll over and take no stuff like those other silly skinny models he's dated.

Derwin: I knew he was going to sleep with Drew. It's a shame because some could argue that Melanie pushed him to it. True, she wasn't lavishing him with praise and attention, but still, he had a commitment with her that he was obligated to keep. So he crossed the line big time. And I found it clever that Dionne was the one to unintentionally break the news to Melanie. I think that they should put aside their differences and team up next season to make his life absolutely miserable. And I was purely disgusted when he told Jason that he realized just how much he loved Melanie right after having sex with Drew. Are you kidding me? Pure nastiness. And he needs to wash more than his mouth out with soap, if you catch my drift.

Melanie: I totally understand her not wanting to "loose herself" in a relationship with Derwin, but sometimes you have to play the game so you won't get played. She could have made a little more effort to be there for Derwin. Yes, I know that med school ain't no joke, but still. I remember from the very first episode how concerned she was about the groupie situation, but by the end of the season, it seems like she just threw him to the wolves herself, as if his proposal would keep the groupies at bay. Still, that's no excuse for Derwin to have cheated. One pet peeve is that Melanie apologizes too much. And I've known other women to do the same. She's having a fight with her man and knows he's doing wrong, yet why is she the one saying "I'm sorry." The same thing happened in the previous episode when she flipped out after seeing Derwin kiss Drew in the video. She apologized to Derwin for flipping out. As my girl Whitney Houston would say, "Oh, hell to the no!"

So that's it my friends and blogging buddies - an official wrap for Girlfriends and now The Game. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news on Thursday at the CW Upfronts. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home