Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Girlfriends & The Game 4.30.07

I had an ominous feeling watching Girlfriends last night - that perhaps this really is the end. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

• Did you notice how uppity Maya was acting about her baby? It reminded me of how Toni was when she was pregnant with Morgan.

• I'm happy for Lynn that she's finally got a paid gig doing what she loves - singing. And I admire her for letting Pastor Eldon go because she knew that it would be the best for them both. I'm sure they'll remain friends, but it was clear that their love relationship was going nowhere fast, and not just because those ole' church biddies were jealous.

• I've seen so much growth in Joan over the past 7 years. It was cute how she tried to play it off like she wasn't that upset over her fight with Aaron. I think she handled herself well and didn't go spastic like the old Joan would have. Thus, it pains me to think that she and Aaron may not end up together after all. Richard T. Jones is just too fine...but I digress!

• Perhaps the funniest moment in Girlfriends history happened last night when Darnell and William pretended to be a gay couple living next door to make the neighborhood seem "hot and up-and-coming" to entice prospective buyers. I literally rolled off the bed when Darnell said: "You should see how my boo do!" DEAD.

Next Monday is the one-hour season finale. In the previews, we saw Joan and Aaron fixing up his new home, but also the reappearance of Joan's ex, Brock. Stay tuned...

Over on The Game it was drama, drama, drama!

• Tasha's plan to be a friend to everyone in order to get clients is certainly going to backfire - but perhaps that's how sports agents get down. I had hoped that she would have had more integrity.

• It's a shame that Jason can't take of his own child. See, that's what happens when Mommy does it all. For a minute there I thought he was just playing with Kelly about not being able to find the onions (when they were clearly right under his nose) but when Brit-Brit had an allergic reaction to the sesame seeds on the hamburger roll, I was too through. I can't wait to see Kelly's reaction - and it better not be to let Jason pressure her to quit so she can go back to being a full-time mom. She put in her years and now it's time for Jason to step up.

• Melanie finding out about Derwin's indiscretion was somewhat anti-climatic. But then again, she only knows about the on-screen kiss for now. Derwin did something so dumb last night - he revealed his doubts to Drew about his relationship with Melanie. Any women in her right mind would know she could easily prey on that weakness, as Drew wisely said: "Don't worry. He'll be back." And I don't think even Melanie believed that kiss at the end - it seemed more like a "business" kiss than a "real" one.

The Game is on break next week, but returns on May 14 for the one-hour season finale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home