Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Girlfriends & The Game 4.23.07

Last night’s new episodes of Girlfriends and The Game were solid. We’re in the final stretch of the season now. Only 3 new episodes left before the one-hour season finale of Girlfriends on May 7, followed by the one-hour season finale of The Game on May 14. Stay tuned for the CW Upfronts on May 17 to find out if these shows, and other CW favorites, will be back next season. I don’t really have much to say about the shows last night, so here’s my attempt at brevity.

First up, Girlfriends:

• Where is Richard T. Jones? I think we need to put an APB on him. And are we to believe that Joan will get her long-awaited marriage proposal based on a non-existent relationship? Have we even seen Aaron since the Valentine’s Day episode? I definitely understand the chocolate deliciousness of Richard T. Jones, but if he was so unavailable this season, perhaps Mara Brock Akil should have picked another actor.

• I see the Lynn is back to her Kato Kaelin lifestyle, but at least she had the funniest lines last night.

Monica: “I had to do my hair myself.”
Lynn: “With what, a leaf blower?”

And in response to Maya’s attitude after her doctor’s appointment,
Lynn: “Did you get a prescription for your bitch?”

• I still can’t believe that Monica is that broke. Did William know that she was solely financially dependent on her parents and would thus be financially dependent on him after their marriage? If I were William, I would have clearly seen “golddigger” stamped on her forehead.

• And saving the best for last…I’m so happy for Maya and Darnell. They’re having a baby. Well, them and Joan! I admire Maya’s selflessness to give up her 40 acres and a mule in the ‘burbs to move back to the city. It does take a village to raise a child, and I’m sure little Shawnna…or Joan…will appreciate being near her god-family.

Moving on to The Game:

• Thank you Jason for reminding us about Derwin’s indiscretion with Drew Sidora. I was wondering when we’d get back to that, and just in time for the explosive season finale in a few weeks. Derwin was doing the classic “transfer of emotion” by putting his guilt on Melanie, but it’s always a little cute to see guys get jealous, or as Mel put it, “pee on trees.”

• Jason had me rolling last night. First with taking the Ziploc bags of popcorn to the movie theater (and only after Kelly agreed to pay) and then only agreeing to meet Derwin for coffee when Derwin said he'd pay.

• There was not enough Kelly last night, but I liked her exchange with Tasha about Black women’s anger. But rather than ask Tasha why Black women are so angry, she should have asked why Tasha is so angry (and for the record, not all Black women are angry!). Why does Tasha lash out all the time? I think Malik touched on it when he said that Tasha has been a mother and father to him so she’s had to be tough.

• Kenny’s friends were straight up weird. And I’m a firm believer in the saying – “Show me your friends and that will tell me who you are.” Those folks were out of line in their antics (those stereotypes were pretty heavy-handed, though) and Tasha really did try to be nice to them. Sure, Tasha has an attitude, but I don’t think Kenny should have asked her to change. I agree with Malik, either accept Tasha for who she is or move on. I do think Tasha needs to do a little soul-searching to figure out what is going on deep down inside, but she’s not a bad person at all. We’ve seen how sweet and protective she’s been over her son, Kelly and Melanie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home