Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Live blogging tonight's 2008 BET Awards


Let the tomfoolery commence!

8:03: Two thumbs up to Usher for the intricate choreography, but I guess he forgot to sing. And what happened to the rumored performance of Love in the Club Pt. II featuring Beyonce and Lil' Wayne? Dare I hope to dream that this will be the first ever Beyonce-free BET Awards!?!

8:22: Why does Young Jeezy need his own set? Couldn't he have come out with Usher, spit his 16 bars, sparing us this nonsense?

8:24: Jezzy's performance is redeemed -- here comes Kanye West. Hi Kanye! (waving hard!)

8:36: Keyshia Cole is dancing and singing live! What a novel idea. She looks fab! Oh wait...is that Lil' Kim, looking normal. So far, this is the best performance of the night.

8:50: I am officially up from the bed and standing on my feet. It's a 90's girl group reunion special - SWV, EnVogue, and TLC! Big ups to Alicia Keys for never forgetting where she came from and always giving props to those who came before her and paved the way. Even though I'm not a big fan of her recent stuff, I do admire that about her. But one quick note about SWV...they all look so different!?! For a while there I couldn't tell who was who!

9:18: I get it T. Pain - you've guested on practically every song played on the the radio the past 6 months, but why are you lip-syncing dude!?! That's one of the things I hate about BET - they breed mediocrity. If they demanded more from their award show performers, it would be a better look overall. Everyone seems to be phoning it in tonight. At least my eyes are saved from permanent damage of seeing Rick Ross' bare belly with the hotness of Ludacris! Go Luda! He was the only one to actually perform live.

9:22: Go 'head Chris Brown and Ciara. Now that's what I call dancing. Ciara looks so much more feminine now. I love it!

9:42: Ne-Yo is on. Time to go wash my face and brush my teeth.

10:10: This Al Green Lifetime Achievement tribute is running hecka long. Maxwell, where ya been homey? When's that album coming out?

10:36: Rhianna needs to take a vacation. I'm getting tired of her non-singing self. But look at her boo, Chris Brown, trying to coach her on from the audience. That's right Chris...support your woman.

I doze off during the Quincy Jones Humanitarian Award presentation, trying my best to hold out for the man of the night, Lil' Wayne.

11: 03: I pop an eye open to see Lil' Wayne's sweaty chest. Guess I missed it. Back to sleep.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IN IT GIRL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home