Friday, June 22, 2007

Martin: Coming to the Big Screen?

Word has it that a movie based on the popular 90's FOX sitcom Martin is in the works. The show has gained recent success with the release of Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. (Season 1 is in constant rotation in my DVD player. I still need to get Season 2, which just came out last month.)

Sources say that all the original cast members, including Martin Lawrence (Martin), Tisha Campbell (Gina), Tichina Arnold (Pam), Carl Anthony Payne (Cole), and Thomas Mikal Ford (Tommy), are committed to appear in the movie set for a 2009 release! I guess that means Martin and Tisha have repaired the rift that ultimately led to the end of the show in 1997.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is fact...and not fiction. We're due for a solid African-American comedy movie that doesn't invole a man donning a fat suit (yes, I'm talking about you - Martin Lawrence, Eddie Murphy, and Tyler Perry) and pretending to be a woman.

Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, i hope that's a rumor. there would be nothing new or funny about it...

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this is absolutely true. I have heard it elsewhere and when I told all my friends about it they were equally as excited as I was. My 6 year old daughter loves shenehneh. My family watches this every night on TV one. It's a classic. It's one of the few African-American shows that was allowed a send-off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home