Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Disappointment

Honestly, I am very concerned about the spoliers I've read about the upcoming seasons of Girlfriends and The Game.

I already told you that Richard T. Jones is not returning to play Joan's fiance, Aaron. But I've learned that his character is being shipped off to Iraq, as a way to explain his absence. In my opinion, that is so lame. I just can't understand why Mara Brock Akil has decided to go this route. As much as I adore the dark choclately goodness of Mr. Jones, at least she have recast the character in order to continue Joan's happily-ever-after storyline. And, just as I suspected, Maya will have a miscarriage. Why do I feel like they only made her pregnant just to take the baby away -- was there no other avenue to explore for her character? This is all very unfortunate, and I now strongly believe that Girlfriends should have ended last season. The finale was a perfect wrap-up (sans Toni) to the series and I would have been more than satisfied with that conclusion. I fear that the viewership of Girlfriends will drop off dramatically this season, because it seems like they are taking their audience and fans for granted.

And over at The Game, Jason is going to be involved in a steroids scandal, but the catch is that because he's so cheap, they're generic steroids. That could be funny, especially since Kelly finds out and holds it over him. But on the other hand, Malik makes some offensive comments that embroils him in a Michael Vick-like scandal. That's not as funny. And Melanie has to move in with Tasha since she's broke and homeless now that she caught Derwin cheating. I'd much rather see Melanie relying on her family -- I thought that her mom and younger bro (played by real-life bro Tahj Mowry) were hilarious, and I'd love to see them swoop down in San Diego with the "I told you so's."

Stay tuned...it's sure to be an intereding season for both shows.

Coming up next week will be the TVnista Fall preview. We'll talk about the new shows I'm looking forward to, as well as our returning favorites and what's in store for the new season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home